The Top 5 Analytics Products You Can’t Afford Not to Use
Big data was the hot buzzword of 2014, and it’s for a good reason.
Traditionally, marketing was all about branding, SWOT analysis, and big creative ideas that are as costly as they are ambitious. But online marketing changed all of that. Inbound marketers rely less on ideas drawn from inspiration, and more on insights drawn from analytics data. As data and analytics become an integral part of any marketing campaign, we are more than happy to recommend 5 analytics products that will make your life so much easier.
1. Google Analytics
If you have not set up a Google Analytics account for your website, you are missing out. Not only is this powerful analytics platform developed and supported by Google (which pretty much sums up how awesome it is), it is completely free!
Usually used in conjunction with Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics comes with great features such as traffic sources, event tracking, flow visualization and real time reporting for websites, eCommerce site and mobile apps, and offers a range of reports and dashboards including advertising reports, campaign measurement, mobile ads measurement, remarketing and search engine optimization.
Last but not least, Google Analytics integrates with a range of other Google products like AdSense, AdWords, Google Display Network, Google Tag Manager, Google+ and Wildfire.
KISSmetrics was started by a couple of young guys in 2008, but that doesn’t mean this platform isn’t awesome. KISSmetrics offers customer intelligence and web analytics like no other. In their own words, they are a “revolutionary person-based analytics platform for your whole team”.
KISSmetrics allows you to track the behaviors of individuals or groups of visitors as they go through your sales funnel. From the first time they land on your site, to subsequent conversions, KISSmetrics presents that data in a format that’s easy to understand.
The reports that you can generate using KISSmetrics are:
– Funnel report which allows you to identify visitor drop-off points
– Cohort report which allows you to see how behaviors change over time
– Path report which allows you to analyze specific visitors’ journey
– A/B test which gives you results on your A/B tests
– Power report which allows you to design your own data sets
– People search which allows you to find groups of visitors based on criteria you specify
– Revenue report which keeps you informed on how your marketing dollars are spent
3. Moz Pro
Hands down, there are no better tools out there than Moz Pro when it comes to tracking your SEO efforts. As you might be aware of, putting together SEO reports manually take a lot time, so an inexpensive tool like Moz Pro is definitely a worthwhile investment.
Moz Pro comes with a suite of tools that would help you accomplish a range of SEO tasks, including but not limited to:
– Open Site Explorer which allows you to analyze the competition and find out about their link building strategies
– Keyword Analysis Tool which tells you the level of competition for any keyword
– Rank Tracking Tool which helps you track the rankings of your target keywords
– On Page Optimization Tool which identifies gaps in your on-page SEO implementation
– Social Media Monitoring Tool which serves as a basic social listening tool for your target keywords
– SEO Web Crawler which identifies any crawling issues that might exist on your site
4. Crazy Egg
In a nutshell, Crazy Egg shows you exactly how people are navigating on your website. If you are in the midst of a website redesign, it wouldn’t hurt to get a visual representation of all the important clicks on your current site so generate site improvement ideas.
The following reports are included in all of their subscription plans:
– Heatmap Report which shows you exactly where people clicked on your site
– Scrollmap Report which shows how far down the page people are scrolling
– Confetti Report which allows you to segment your clicks by different segments
– Overlay Report which shows you the number of clicks on each element on your page
– List Report which shows the elements that got clicks in a list view
Known for delivering “million dollar insights for those without million dollar budgets”, InsightSquared is the perfect solution for established startups that are looking to expand their business and want to access complex reports for Sales, Marketing, Finance, Staffing & Service teams.
While seemingly complicated, InsightSquared can actually be set up in less than 48 hours without the help of IT. For seasoned marketing teams, InsightSquared provides daily lead gen reports that allow you to keep your finger on the pulse, identifies the best performing campaigns, and gives you a transparent view of the dollar value generated by each lead source. While InsightSquared can generate over 400 reports, you would be surprised to learn that its basic plan only starts at $65 per user.
At the end of the day, your analytics matter. A lot. Your marketing team will need the data to make informed decisions and improve your campaigns on an ongoing basis, so if you haven’t already, demo these analytics platforms to see if they fill the bill. If you are already using analytics tools that aren’t covered in here, please let us know in the comment section below what analytics platforms you use and why.
Founder of CrushCampaigns
Want to acquire more customers? Learn how our products and services can improve your lead generation, mobile, or e-commerce growth today.